Saturday, April 04, 2009

Visiting St. Albans

My parents came to visit today. We decided to visit the pleasent medieval town of St. Albans. So far, I had only been there for work purposes.

Thankfully, it is a beautiful spring day.

We had lunch at a nice restuarant bar. I had a steak with spinach, potato wedges and fried cabbage. At this restuarant bar they had Franzikaner, a German wheat beer that I am quite fond of.

St. Albans cathedral is a mixture of both Norman and Gothic architecture. It was nice, but it lacked the magnificence of truly gothic cathedrals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure, the Franziskaner was good ;-)
GfG,
MAE

Celestial Fundie said...

Yeah, it is a great beer.

ukchristian28 said...

I am currently living in Watford which is close St Albans. Do tell me if you are visiting again Matt and I might join you:).

Celestial Fundy said...

My team leader is based in Watford. I work there sometimes.

We must meet up.