Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Times: Enemy of the people? No, Tesco is a hero

Times: Enemy of the people? No, Tesco is a hero

Despite the recession, Tescos, the supermarket giant, is doing incredibly well. She rules the whole world, except in the USA, where she failed to sink Walmart.

I used to resent Tescos for her market dominance, but I have grown to love the place; its choice and variety.

I love the Tescos here in Stevenage. It is huge and sells everything you could need. I bought my vacuum cleaner there and I could have got my laptop from there as well.

They sell flip flops. They had a sale on recently and I bought loads of pairs. Tescos clothing is pretty good and at excellent prices.

The online Tescos is great too- they sell albums by obscure black metal bands like Hate Forest (the thought of getting an Hate Forest album from Tescos is kind of surreal).

4 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

Quite right. OK to work for and the only place I can afford to buy a decent family meal. Also, we get 10% off for life due to my wife's medical retirement. Further, the employees do get to share in the success. I don't begrudge it, it is a great British success story.

Palm boy said...

Never heard of Tescos. I suddenly feel more multiculturally intelligent. :D

Celestial Fundie said...

Jonathan, they are a decent store.

PB, I suppose you would. You're reading a British and European blog.

Richard said...

Personally I would not be sure that Christians ought to be listening to black metal groups with names like Hate Forest...