Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not drinking much

I only had one beer this week. I have not bought any beer since the previous weekend.

In my job I see the bad side of alcohol, in fact that is the main thing I am dealing with. That does not really put me in the mood for drinking much, even though I enjoy beer.

A few weeks ago, I was drinking a bit more than was good for me. I have totally slowed down lately.

I think it is important that if I am helping people to cut down their drinking, I am not enslaved to the stuff myself.

7 comments:

Rose~ said...

Good thinking Matthew. You are getting wise in your old age.

Celestial Fundie said...

Thanks.

JayBird said...

I have found that there is nothing good about alcohol, so I haven't touched a drop in almost 4 years...

Celestial Fundie said...

Jaybird, thanks for visiting. There are certainly a lot of harms associated with alcohol and abstience can be a sensible choice.

However, the Bible takes a different view to yourself with regard to the merits of alcohol. Psalm 104:15 praises God for the wine that gladdens the hearts of men.

JayBird said...

Thank your for the welcome,

I don't think I differ that much from the Bible's teaching of alcohol use as you may think.

The Bible doesn't prohibit the use of alcohol, and is even used in most celebrations throughout Scripture. However, it does continuously caution the over indulgence of it, and then calls it sin (1 Peter 4:3).

I would also consider the way it was produced then as to now; they didn't have perfect fermenting machines to do it.

Also from my experience and from general statistics, alcohol has done far, far more damage than it has good...

Antonio said...

I for one am for making the hearts of men merry.

Celestial Fundie said...

Yeah. Evidently there is at least one thing that is good about alcohol.