Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Everybody removes their shoes at the pastor's house

I have settled on the Calvary Chapel as my main fellowship. I will still attend evening Gospel services at the Brethren assembly though.

On Monday I attend a men's prayer meeting at the Calvary Chapel pastor's (an American) house and this evening I attended a Bible study there.

Everybody removed their shoes when entering the pastor's house and spent the Bible study in socks or bare feet. A very sensible courtesy as most of the congregation were there. If you are hosting large gatherings every week, your carpet or floors will be ruined unless folks take their shoes off. The hallway looked remarkably like a shoe-shop.

I feel really blessed to find a church that I am happy attending. Strange that given the small number of Calvary Chapels in the UK, I should live in two places with one in the area (I know there are some things about Calvary Chapel denomination which are not so good). My circumstances at the moment are rather uncertain, but the Lord has blessed me with a sound and healthy fellowship to attend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew great to hear you are settling well in a church in your new town. No progress on a job yet? Any more interiews and applications in progress? Dave

Celestial Fundie said...

Got an interview on Tuesday in the south-west.

Rose~ said...

Matthew,
I am glad that you have this settled! That is great. And they remove shoes to boot. What more could a guy ask for?

David Wyatt said...

Yes, Rose, I suppose removing shoes would include boots as well!!!!!!!

Howdy-do, bro. Matthew!

Celestial Fundie said...

Hello David.

Anonymous said...

Any news on a job yet? Hey your blog has changed in style since you went to that new place. Dave

Celestial Fundie said...

Got another inteview in a couple of weeks.

What do you mean its changed in style?

I haven't changed the lay-out for months.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering whether you have any progress on jobs, or interviews? Economic climate isn't good anywhere at the moment is it?

Sorry, if it's my mistake with your blog. It certainly wasn't meant as a criticism and I hope it didn't sound like one. Your blog has more angel pictures now and you used to write about your life and people you met etc and about your church. You have more of an essay-style now. As you can see, it doesn't stop me calling by to read it! Keep blogging, Dave

Celestial Fundie said...

I had an interview that went well on Monday. Got two more coming up.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind me keep asking - have you heard any news after the recent interview that went well? I'm concerned for a guy like you with no job and times are getting tougher. Dave

Celestial Fundie said...

Thanks for your concern.

Not heard back from the one last week yet. They needed to check their funding to see if they could afford a new member of staff.

I had an interview that went okay yesterday. I got three more this week. One in London today.

God Bless

Matthew