Monday, July 21, 2008

Heavy Metal and a sound warning

I happened to go into a record store today and saw a middle-aged man buying a teenage boy several Heavy Metal albums. The boy addressed him by his first name, so I am guessing he was his step-father, or maybe his uncle. The boy evidently lacked musical knowledge, so the man took the lead in recommending the classic albums that he should listen to.

My ears pricked up when the man warned the boy not to take the Lord's name in vain. I do not know if he was a believer, but he was evidently a man who feared God.

There was something really positive about the way the man was spending time with the teenager and taking an interest in the things he liked. It is good for young people to spend time with the older generation. It was also even more encouraging to see him encouraging the boy to fear God.

I could not help but chip in by expressing my approval of a Motorhead album that the man suggested.

No comments: