Monday, January 07, 2008

Started my new job

I started my new job at the drug rehab clinic. I did not do much work today, as I was mostly learning about how the organisation works.

This is going to be a bigger challenge than any job I have done before. I have worked as an administration assistant before, but this time I am THE administrator. This is going to be a big responsibility.

The drug rehab clinic is in a small town in the hills. It is a beautiful place, but like many small towns in the countryside, it has lots of bored kids. And lots of bored kids means it has a major drugs problem.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Matthew, why are kids bored?

I say it's because they are taught to be entertained rather than self motivated.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I dare say you are absoluely right.

Peter said...

Will you have some evangalistic opportunities there?

Rose~ said...

Matthew,
I am glad for you. I hope your first day went well. I will look forward to hearing more about it. God bless you, brother.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Peter, maybe. As the Lord leads.

Rose, thanks a lot.