Sunday, January 13, 2008

Speculation

This weekend I have started reading two very speculative books; Earth's Earliest Ages, by GH Pember and Gleanings in Genesis by AW Pink.

GH Pember speculates about the spiritual realm and its inhabitants, while good old AW Pink finds all manner of imaginative types in every incident of Genesis.

I cannot help but be slightly amused by GH Pember's suggestion that Satan may have his throne and dwelling place in the Sun. Who knows? He might be right.

Maybe Christians need to speculate more than they do these days.

6 comments:

Bill said...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Einstein said that! ;)

The actual quote is more involved and more interesting, both.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi, Matthew.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I find it hard to see how I can agree with that quotation, but it is nice to see you again, Bill.

小霆 said...

love this photo.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Which photo is that?

Bill said...

I agreed with you the first several times I heard the quote, Matthew. Then I looked it up in it's larger context. Basically, Einstein was talking about the kind of creative thought necessary for making the requisite (albeit unknown, naturally) logical leap... when attempting to solve a formidibally difficult problem!

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Maybe so.