Monday, October 08, 2007

We should faint not and pray always

I was feeling a bit gloomy this afternoon.

I spent some time in prayer and my spirits immediately lifted.

I had a phone call from my supervisor who was pleased with my last chapter.

I also had a phone call inviting me to preach at a small Baptist church in the country. That was a great encouragement to me.

The Lord is so good to me. He blesses me so richly. I have a wonderful time with my friends and my sister yesterday and then today I get another invitation to preach. I am so thankful.

8 comments:

Antonio said...

Make sure it is for preaching only and not leading the whole shabang.

Antonio

PS: You should preach about deification ;)

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

As it happens, I am leading the whole service.

Could do; they are probably not a really conservative Baptist church.

Jonathan Hunt said...

Just a personal perspective, but I have never been invited anywhere to 'just preach'. I'm not sure what I'd make of it.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Well, I am sure I have been to a fair few services where a guest preacher was speaking, but the service was lead by somebody from the church.

GOODNIGHTSAFEHOME said...

it worked the other way with me once. I assumed that I was to lead the service (which usually the visiting preacher does in the FPC, unless the minister is there) and so I just got up and announced the opening hymn etc., Only afterwards did I learn that there had been an arrangement for a young man to lead the meeting. I think the young man was possibly relieved that he didn't have to.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks for sharing that.

Rose~ said...

Hi Matthew,
I am glad that your spirits were lifted. God blesses you for being a man of prayer.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Rose, I cannot think of many compliments higher than being called a 'man of prayer.' Thanks.