Saturday, October 13, 2007

Turning the hallway into a Shoe Shop

I hosted my first party last night. It was a most wonderful time, one of the best of my life. Everybody seemed to enjoy it.

I had invited about 26 people and about 16 agreed to come. However, on the night only ten people came. I know a few people were ill. October does seem to be a time for people to get ill. A shame, but we still had a great time. The people who came were quite a good mix of different people from church.

I had said on the invitations:

Shoes off at the door would be appreciated. Feel free to bring some slippers.


Everybody therefore removed their shoes without being asked and nobody seemed bothered about this. A couple of people brought slippers.

There was far more food than we needed. I was breakfasting this morning on leftover mini-sausage rolls and potato chips. There was also plenty of drink. There was white wine, a choice of beers, a choice of fruit juice, lemonade and elderflower stuff.

Most of the people who came had never been to my house before, so I gave them a brief tour.

It was a really pleasent and light-hearted evening.

12 comments:

GOODNIGHTSAFEHOME said...

Most of the people who came had never been to my house before, so I gave them a brief tour.

I close my eyes and methinks I can hear your English accent:

"And this is the Zane Hodges Room"

I jest, Matthew :-)

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

What a peculiar thought! What would one do in a Zane Hodges room?

Perhaps it would be decorated Texan style?

GOODNIGHTSAFEHOME said...

Definately not meaning to be nasty in any sense with this one - but would it not be minimalistic?

Thanks for seeing the humour in these comments.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

It would be interesting to conceive a Texas style ranch which was decorated with Scandinavian or Oriental minimalism.

Personally, I really like the minimalist look.

God Bless

Matthew

David Wyatt said...

Hey I'm trying to be as minimalistic as possible too......in my weight! I'm on a diet! Soon I may be down below the 1,000,000,000,000,013 pound level!

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

David Wyatt, you are not doing much to combat my mental stereotype of American fundamentalists.

Rose~ said...

I am glad your party went well.
These comments are really funny! hahaha

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks.

David Wyatt said...

Yes they are!

Bro. Matthew, I didn't know you wanted me to! How would I go about combatting your mental stereotype of American fundamentalists anyway?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

David, perhaps if you had told me you were a skinny vegatarian who has the occasional glass of wine.

Antonio said...

Matthew,

I am in Singapore. Tell me. What was the festive occasion of this gathering?

And did any of the blokes get out of hand?

Your fg brother,

Antonio

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Good to hear from thee.

My parents moved out, leaving the house to myself.

Everybody was well behaved, thankyou.

God Bless

Matthew