Friday, October 12, 2007

I don't believe this stuff

BBC News: Primary children 'suffer stress'

Apparently today is a really terrible time to be a child according to this study. I think this is rubbish. Children have never had it better than today.

The very fact that a group of researchers took the time to conduct a study into the welfare of children just shows how the welfare of children is paramount in our society. How many studies of the welfare of children were carried out in the 1920s?

4 comments:

Palm boy said...

hehe. If we have spare reasorces to study how children are doing, and they have the time and energy to answer, then we're doing pretty well as a society.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Yeah.

Cahleen 何凱琳 said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've taken a peak at yours and think it's very interesting! As for this particular post, I think palm boy makes an interesting point. I agree with you, at least as far as the western world is concerned because child labor has been abolished and we have compulsory education. Because of these things, kids are given opportunities that they didn't have previously. However, family life seems to be going downhill -- it was pretty stressful for me as a kid to go back and forth between my mom's house and my dad's house. Times are changing, and I guess both good and bad comes with that.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks for visiting and for sharing your thoughts.