Tuesday, May 30, 2006

John Prescott (Our Deputy Prime Minister)

Things have not been good for John Prescott (known as 2Jags, because of his alleged ownership of two Jaguar cars) since he cheated on his wife and was humiliated by the newspapers. Tony Blair took away his department, but left him his title, his salary and his perks.

Now he is in even more trouble. He was photographed playing croquet on the lawn of his country home, during work hours, while the prime minister was absent from the country. Of course, playing an upper-class game like croquet did not do much for his Left-wing, working-class image.

A group of Labour members of parliament are calling for the end of Prescott's deputy leadership of the Labour party. Interestingly, the member of parliament for Worcester, Michael Foster is among them. As Michael Foster has always towed the government line on everything, it is safe to assume that Tony Blair is behind the call for Prescott's departure from deputy leadership. Prescott has at times been a nuisance to Blair's leadership and now is a very good time for him to be booted out.

19 comments:

Redeemed said...

2jags sounds like he's quite the character. Maybe it is best if he is removed.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Yes, I think he needs to retire soon. The prime minister as well. I think the whole government ought to retire as well.

God Bless

Matthew

Jim said...

Those are some astute deductions.

Are you considering a career in politics?

Britain needs more godly men in office...consider William Wilberforce who entered politics at the age of 21.

God bless,
Jim

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I do not think so.

I nearly stood as a city council candidate a few years ago.

God Bless

Matthew

The IBEX Scribe said...

More political mess for you over there, huh? He sounds like quite a winner.

I keep hearing the Queen of Hearts asking Alice, "Do you play croquet?" She was another fine politician.

Jonathan Hunt said...

Prescott should have been kicked out in 1997. he is a talentless, bullyboy thug out to wreck the institutions and traditions that he resents. He has largely succeeded as he rides his left wing hobby horse through whitehall.

His ideological bankruptcy is well mirrored in his personal immorality and lack of character.

Out!

Rose~ said...

Hmmm ... missionary or politician or teacher? What will our Matthew be when he finishes school?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Angie, Prescott certainly is not the Queen of Hearts.

FB, I quite agree.

For American readers, Prescott famously punched a heckler during an election campaign. A jolly chap.

Rose~, I would really like to be a missionary, but I might end up being a boring old lecturer.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

The IBEX Scribe said...

"Off with her head" and punching a heckler? Both sound like temper problems to me! ;) Okay, so I know nothing about Prescott other than what is posted here and my notion of the Queen of Hearts is certainly the Disney version of her.

Are you so sure that if you became a lecturer that you would be boring? Old will come with time, I have no doubt.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Well, I do not think I would want to be a lecturer, though it would be a good career for me.

God Bless

Matthew

The IBEX Scribe said...

If it isn't something you would enjoy, perhaps it would not be a good career for you.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

What else am I supposed to do?

I do not really like work in general.

God Bless

Matthew

Kitty Cheng said...

Matthew, how about being a professional blogger? :)

The IBEX Scribe said...

Do they pay people a livable wage to do that, Kitty? If they did I would take that job for myself. :)

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

If you did that, you would have to have lots of horrible adverts on your blog.


And you would have to be really clever about finding ways to attract visitors.

God Bless

Matthew

The IBEX Scribe said...

Yeah, you're probably right, especially since I can count my visitors with my shoes on. ;)

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I am sure you could do it if you put your mind to it, Angie.

The IBEX Scribe said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Matthew.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read film editing schools