Thursday, May 18, 2006

I am going Somewhere... Wow!

I have a mild phobia of travel. I really do get anxious about travelling, so I rarely go anywhere. This is partly because I can never think of anywhere to go.

Yesterday, I received an invite to a conference in Hertfordshire about missionary work in Japan. I knew from the moment I read it that I would have to go. I am really interested in the possibility of becoming involved in mission work after my studies and Japan is one place I have a burden for.

So, I posted the booking form today. It was expensive, but they had a discount for students. I am sure it will be very interesting.

8 comments:

Redeemed said...

Amen, Matthew, Praise the Lord.

That sounds wonderful! May the Lord be with you and may he make clear the path that He has set for you. This is exciting. When is it?

The IBEX Scribe said...

Travel is not such a bad thing. I think I have done enough of it that I worry a lot less. Traveling alone is more stressful than traveling with other people, however. It doesn't stop me, though.

When is the conference?

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

The conference is just a weekend in July.

Rose~ said...

We will pray for you.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

Thanks, Rose~.

Kc said...

I am so thankful you have the opportunity but in all honesty selfishness would have you come to the states but I trust God. ;-)

Count on my prayers as well.

Dyspraxic Fundamentalist said...

I dare say I may visit the States one day.

I am not actually going to Japan. Just a conference about that country.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »